Nasty Little Thoughts

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Agony of the Feet

What is the opposite of a fetish? An aversion? Let me introduce myself; my name is Trisa and I have an anti-fetish/aversion to feet. Can we agree that I won't show you my toes if you will please not show me yours? Seriously, I don't like looking at women's perfectly pedicured and painted toes, and my skin crawls at the thought of spying some gnarly, hairy man toes.

That's why I feel so strongly about men wearing appropriate footwear. The Jesus sandals of the 90's were bad. Sandals and/or flip flops with socks, while keeping the toes hidden, looked absolutely ridiculous! But now there's a new terror afoot.

Man mules.

I have only in the last couple years been able to bring myself to wear backless shoes. Just like I don't want to see gnarly, hairy toes, I don't want to catch sight of any crusty heels either. Women can wear hose though, and camoflage their weaker foot attributes. Not so with the opposite sex.

When a man slips on a backless tennis shoe, sans socks of course, and goes out in public, it is surely a sign of the coming apocalypse. It is a clear indication of all that is wrong in this world. And I attribute it to W.

He can't steer a bicycle; I have no doubts that velcro, much less actual laces, would prove challenging. Think about it. When he's giving his fancy speeches, you never see the backs of his shoes.



This public service announcement was brought to you by Nasty Little Thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home