Nasty Little Thoughts

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hodge Podge

We just completed the annual Valentine's-but-Trisa's-still-single CiCi's extravaganza. That's right, for the third year running, I went out with my friend and her family. (Thanks guys for including me again!) It's unorthodox, sure, but it beats sitting at home moping because the flowers that were delivered were not for me.

Actually, this time was rather different. It was Old School week at CiCi's. We ran into a family that used to attend my school, so the adults and 15 year old manned one table, while the younger set shunned us entirely, except of course when they needed change for the video games.

I'd been trying to find GiGi actually. She's a published author and I'd read a couple of her books and wanted to get more. But could I remember her penn name? Nope.

Rest assured, authors out there, it is not an easy feat to take your real name, run through the internet and come up with your pseudonym or body of work. I was to the point of assigning the task to Susie when GiGi walked into CiCi's and saved me some work.

Coincidentally, at the table behind us was GiGi's son's teacher and family, and two tables over was another family from my school. I knew everyone! It was a rare but cool moment.
***********************************************
For those of you who rushed out to hear Eva sing, I apologize. College, work and a serious round of diabetic complications kept her from performing. Maybe she'll get another offer...Easter tunes anyone?
***********************************************
If you've been wondering what's happening with my writing class, get in line and have your ticket punched. I am still waiting for the curriculum materials to arrive. I have written the autobiographical letter, but in the interest of maintaining a smidge of anonymity here, I probably won't post it. But I will post the second half just as soon as I find out what it is. Tell me though, should I give my instructor/mentor the address to the blog? Does he need to know me that well? Will he be frightened away if he is exposed to the inner workings of my mind? Sound off and give me some advice.

1 Comments:

  • I would suggest keeping the blog for you. If one were to read this, and not know you, they might not really "get you."

    By Blogger Bran, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home