Nasty Little Thoughts

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Free at last

I know my posts are pretty sarcastic and pessimistic, but today I have to break with tradition. Today my houseguests from hell moved out!! Please join me in a celebratory frosty adult beverage (make mine a 'Rita).

I can once again sleep au natural. I can leave my purse in the front room an know that I'll still have money when I next look for it. I can sleep on my bed (on the wonderful mattresses that were a Christmas present from my mother to the Ex and I). I can banish the smell of pets and cigarettes. I can clear out the secret stashes of lotions that my cousin could only have used for one thing. I can come home from work and listen to the sound of silence. I can answer the phone knowing it will be for me.

Yessir, things are looking up at Casa de Trisa. And I feel I should make one thing crystal clear. There is no room at the inn. Friends and family of mine, you know I love you, but no, hell no, hell fucking no, you cannot come live at my house.

2 Comments:

  • In the entire time i have known these women, i have never, EVER seen their house devoid of relatives, visitors, guests, moochers, freeloaders, freaks, geeks, or just plain losers.

    I have not just a heady stein of german beer, I am cracking open a bottle of Ice Wine just to celebrate this monumentous occation!

    -Nuckles

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

  • "I can clear out the secret stashes of lotions that my cousin could only have used for one thing."

    That line says it all. And now I must go vomit. But congrats on your newly empty house! Guard it well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home