Nasty Little Thoughts

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Banana Appeal?

I visited the Black Eyed Pea this week. With my bbq crazy, meat loving family staying here, I've been craving vegetables. So off I went to the Black Eyed Pea. My veggie plate was yummy....green beans, glazed carrots, whipped sweet potatoes, broccoli rice casserole and black eyed peas. After such a yummy veggie fest, what could possibly follow? A fruit course!!

I ordered banana pudding, which has been renamed "banana appeal". To whom does it appeal?? After waiting 10 minutes, my dessert arrived and I knew something was wrong immediately. The pudding didn't look like it was completely set. Maybe the long wait was because they were whipping up a fresh batch.

But no. When I tasted it, I noticed the texture. It was lumpy. Maybe it wasn't mixed well. Maybe it had been made with curdled milk. I really don't know, but I sent it back.

"Is something wrong?" the waitress inquired.

"Pudding isn't supposed to be lumpy and chunky." Seriously...think of canned pudding with cottage cheese stirred into it with 3 slices of banana suspended in the mix and crushed nilla wafers on top.

"That's the vanilla."

Ummmm....no. That's just nasty. You have to work really hard to make something as good as banana pudding as bad as banana appeal.

If you're at the Black Eyed Pea anytime soon, I suggest you get dessert on the way home.

1 Comments:

  • That's a shame, I LOVE the "Pea"....but I don't ever recall eating dessert there. I LOVE their rolls though!

    By Blogger SuzA1A, at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home