Nasty Little Thoughts

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My second felon (almost)

My friend Paul never gives up on me. He's always willing to make an introduction in the interest of ending my solo career. Last year he called me and told me to come over for dinner he had somebody for me to meet. So after work, I came home, fixed myself up kinda cute, and headed on over to meet Chuck.

Paul and I played some video game pool and watched tv, wondering where Chuck was since he was in charge of bringing dinner. He was manager at a pizza/games restaurant and was bringing us free pizza.

But he was late. Paul called him several times and just as I was giving up and ready to go next door to Taco Hell, Chuck showed up. There'd been a problem at the restaurant and he'd got stuck handling it.

Chuck got some pizza, sat down and didn't look at me twice.

After a while, the boys put in a new game. The object was to sneak around this boat and kill all the bad guys without getting killed first. As Paul played, Chuck was the backseat driver, showing off his military prowess with "Go to Delta. Foxtrot. No, get down. Sneak. Back to Alpha." Of course, when it was Chuck's turn, he not only died and died fast, but he kept trying the same route. And he kept dying. Funny how the sniper was programmed to be in the same place each time.

When Chuck left a couple hours later, I pumped Paul for info. Has Chuck ever been married? (My gut said no and he'd never be married.) If so, what happened?

Chuck had a wife. He and Mrs. Chuck used to sponsor foreign exchange students. Until, that is, Mrs. Chuck caught him having an inappropriate relationship with the live-in exchange student. She sent the student and Chuck packing. The former back to her native land, the latter to a mostly unfurnished apartment. She did let him take the twin bed, however.

Shortly after I met Chuck, he lost his job. (Awwwww.) Remember he was the manager of the pizza place. The mother of one of his 17 year old staff members caught wind of some inappropriate e-mails he'd sent her daughter. Stuff that he had no business writing to a subordinate on the job, especially one who is a minor. Mom made a complaint to the corporate level of the pizza place and Chuck lost his job.

Last I heard he'd left town, actually the state, and was begging the ex to take him back. Gee, sounds an awful lot like my first felon, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home