Nasty Little Thoughts

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Door, Door

When I first started dating, and hadn't yet established standards for myself, I met Door, Door, a truck driver with a penchant for obscene t-shirts and denim shorts, told me on our first date, "This is probably the only time you'll see me in long pants."

We went out for about 5 weeks, and I realized we always went and did whatever I suggested. I thought, maybe it'd be nice to let Door, Door choose. Herein lies the problem.

Door, Door is incapable and unwilling to make a decision.

"Where do you want to go eat?" he asked.

"I was thinking seafood."

"Ok. Where do you want to go?"

"Well, there's Red Lobster and there's Pappadeaux," I suggested.

He pulled his low-rider truck over to the side of the road, "I told you I won't make a decision."

"You can't even tell me which of 2 places you prefer?!"

"I. Won't. Make. A. Decision."

Well, hell, if he can't make a choice, I can. "Pappadeaux," I answered, knowing it cost a hell of a lot more to eat there.

Conversation waned at dinner time. When we left the restaurant, we went to fill up his truck with gas. As he climbed in the truck I heard him mumble, "Great, we've already run out of things to say."

We went back to my house and to watch a movie. My family was supposed to leave for an overnight trip to the country and we expected to have the place to ourselves. Plans changed however, and we walked into a house full of not only my family, but their friends as well.

Door, Door and I went to my room to see the movie. Half-way through my friend Susie called. She was driving through town and needed a place to spend the night. I told her to come on, thinking the family would eventually leave and she could stay in another room.

When Susie arrived, it was too much for Door, Door. He'd been considering leaving by my bedroom window, but decided the front door had a more direct route to his truck. He stood inside my bedroom door gathering the nerve to make a break for freedom.

He charged up the hallway, one hand gesturing to the door, a quick bye to the assembled masses, and he was gone.

Door, Door had finally made a decision.

1 Comments:

  • This blog would not be complete without 'ol DOOR DOOR!!!!

    - Suz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home