Nasty Little Thoughts

Monday, January 16, 2006

Second chances?

Guess what I did the first Monday of the new year? I went on a date!! Yes, I know you guys were losing faith in me and my lovely dating stories. I have sorely neglected the "dating mis/adventures" part of my blog; thank you for hanging in there.

A while back I mentioned that I had gone to dinner with a guy for pancakes, but I really didn't go into detail. Well, he had read the blog and while things just didn't work out, he didn't deserve to be blogged.

Lately, we'd been chatting and discovered we had vacation at the same time and made plans to get together for a movie. What the hell, I thought. Puppy deserves a second chance. Our date was set for New Year's day, after he got home from church.

As you loyal readers know, there was a death in the family, and I was forced to reschedule. (Looking back, I think God was saying, "Don't do it..." But do I listen?)

So we met at the theater to see "The Family Stone", which I'd heard was absolutely hysterical. Just what the doctor ordered for my grieving self, a nice romantic comedy.

With a terminally ill Diane Keaton.

Yep...she had breast cancer and this was her last Christmas with the family. (This hit a little close to home, and I did cry, but not over the movie.)

Afterwards, I suggested we go out for frosty beverages, cuz my spirits needed a little lifting. "Well, I already ate before I came," he tells me. (Mind you, we met for a 4:30 matinee).

But I convinced him to accompany me to Chili's, where I had a fair margarita, good chicken strips and a not so shabby back rub. (Thanks, Puppy.)

But I dunno....it just didn't seem right that he tried to kiss me in the parking lot. My cousin had just been murdered; I was looking for a little distraction and polite conversation, not a sexual encounter.

"Puppy, I need you to slow down," I told him. And he did. He came to grinding halt number 2.

After the first date, you see, we did dinner and a movie and he got all happy hands with me in the dark. I was freaked out; I'd known him all of 2 1/2 hours. And he tried to kiss me, which wasn't well received after damn near being felt up at the theater.

But it gets better. We had plans the next day to go out again. This is what my answering machine said,

"Trisa....uh.....well....uh....this is Puppy. Well....uh....you see....I'm at my sister's....cuz there's this family thing...and I forgot about it....uh....and...uh....I don't know when I'm gonna get home....uh....but....uh....I'll call you."

Me thinks the boy does not take kindly to any sort of rejection, be it minor or major league.

2 Comments:

  • Well...at least it got you out of the house. Any free meal is a good meal :)

    By Blogger Bran, at 7:10 AM  

  • If I completly gave up whenever I faced rejection i would be living alone in a small cave in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

    Thanks to my overcoming of adversity I am living alone in a small basement apartment in the middle of nowhere Germany.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home