Nasty Little Thoughts

Sunday, June 05, 2005

PJ's or no?

I was chatting with the Red-Headed Step-Child of Fate Saturday when our conversation turned to the topic of pajamas. RHSCF wears bottoms only; he doesn't even bother with the corresponding tops.

Such a travesty! Orphaned pj bottoms and rejected pj tops...is this anyway for the world to function?

Once upon a time, RHSCF wore no jammies at all; but being in the military and sharing his living space with others has driven him to his bottoms only preference for modesty's sake.

I prefer sleeping commando (sorry to any of you who know me and would rather not know this info!). However, this isn't the best arrangement when living with others. If you wake up in the middle of the night, you have to scrounge around for something to put on before leaving the bedroom. I've put together mismatched, backwards, inside-out combos rooting around in the dark, trying to get dressed without turning on the light. (Once even driving home in such a state before noticing the error or my ways...)

Since I've been sleeping single again (2 years this week thanks to the Ex and Mrs. Ex) I've become more of a conformist and have adopted pj's for sleeping in again. Matching sets though. Not the pretty satiny, lacy, feminine stuff I would pick out while dating. Nope. Comfort is now key. Cotton sleep shorts or pants with matching whimsical t-shirts. Sometimes even socks since I've discovered that my feet cramp when they get cold.

And I used to make fun of Metro for his t-shirts....

What about you? Where do you weigh in on the sleepwear issue? PJ's or no?

4 Comments:

  • Bottoms only for me also, usually cotton baggies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 AM  

  • usually just a t-shirt and undies...i often steal jas' shirts.

    By Blogger Bran, at 6:29 PM  

  • She forgot to mention, they are REALLY snazzy PJ bottoms! Scooby Doo, The Hulk, Super-man, Spongbob, and Spider-Man. All the really cool stuff!

    RHSCF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • Just undies.:)

    By Blogger Beo, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home