Nasty Little Thoughts

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Legalese

Most of you readers know me solely by this blog. A few of you know about my other pasttime--the small, independent, one artist record label. Remember my earlier post "Don't Bite the Hand that Feeds You"?

The drama behind the post has escalated to the point that the graphic designer (who volunteered to help out at no charge) is trying to pull rank on the producer and the owner of the label's website. After shifting gears and deciding to change the website and the direction it is currently going in, E the graphic designer, finds herself with limited access and responsibility, and she's pissed.

Today she sent out a document that she signed, but that is not signed by the client, who would be either the website owner or the label, depending how you look at it. It appears to be one of those fill-in-the-blanks self-help forms that you can buy at the grocery store. And some of the wording sounds fabricated.

What I need, dear readers, is a lawyer who would be willing to read over said document and let me know if her claims are valid or if it's nothing more than legalese.

Thanks in advance if you are able to help. I promise to return to my tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic self in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home