Nasty Little Thoughts

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Things that make you go, HMMMM....

Remember that Kevin Bacon phenomenon from '99 where everyone tried to link anyone to Kevin Bacon by 6 degrees? I'm sort of living it.

On my first date with the EX, I discovered, through a bout of verbal diarrhea, that he had graduated with Metro's sister. My friend and coworker's brother-in-law is Metro's current protege. Now my company has bought or merged with ( depending on which company you ask, you get a different answer) the competition, and to my utter astonishment, my new VP used to work with Metro.

Now, I am faced with a dilemma. Do I name drop? Or not?

See, Metro's wife (who woulda thunk Metro would be good at the marriage thing?) used to also work with my new VP, and if the 2 women were tight, then I create a really ugly situation. And, there's the little matter of his confiding in me that he had an affair with a supervisor which would not be a good thing to bring up if my VP is said supervisor.

But it'd be such a kodak moment, shaking hands, making polite small talk, sizing each other up the way women do, and then dropping the bomb, "Did you sleep with Metro too?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home