Nasty Little Thoughts

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Unmatchable?

Way back when the Ex lost his ever lovin' mind and decided the way for him to find happiness was with the Other Woman, I decided to give online dating another try. (In case you haven't figured it out yet, I've met most of my gentlemen friends on the internet.) One free site I used to use had merged with another site and went for profit, and yahoo personals was where I met the Ex, so I was looking for something new.

That's when I first found the link to my current dating site....the one you hear about on tv and radio. What the hell, I thought I'd fill out the profile, take the little test and see what they had to offer. The little test, was actually lots of little tests and it took me most of an hour to complete the whole thing. But I got to read all about my dysfunctional? personality and what I look for in relationships, and what a small percentage of the male population is looking for a woman like me.
(If I'm remembering correctly, it's something like 3-8%). And if that's not depressing enough, I then hit the "match me" button.

There was a delay, but I thought, all the people that have signed up, it'll take a little while to crank out my 3-8%. But no.

The official response from the service promising love for all the right reasons was, "We're sorry but you are unmatchable at this time."

At such a critical time in my emotional development, I was mourning the loss of a 2 year relationship and I was rejected not only by the Ex but by the single's scene in general. If that isn't enough to give a girl a complex and drive her to cheesecake-oreo ice cream cones from Marble Slab, I just don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home