Nasty Little Thoughts

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

My friend Susie has a problem that she's reluctant to discuss in her blog for fear of making the situation worse should the thorn in her side happen across Ups and Downs on the A1A. I however do not have any problem letting psycho chick know what I think of her and have decided that I would be remiss not to address this issue on Susie's behalf.

E,

You know who you are, so I don't have to post your full name. You are the most arrogant, ungrateful, self-serving person I have met in all my dealings doing promotions for the ex-Menudos. Yes, I have done promotions before, for RA, for RG, and for Reencuentro. I too have contacts in the industry, and not just because I've been a groupie, chasing the boys hither and yon. I have contacts that I actually know and to whom I am able to share infomation, news tickles and press releases.

You used your past as a pen-pal to ingratiate yourself with Susie and then took advantage of her friendship when she offered you the opportunity to help out with the website. Yes, I know you are a professional, but damn, girl, that site's been up and running since 1999, with Ray's personal endorsement and as his "official" site; and it was done without you.

You've barged into this project with all the finesse of a bull in a china shop. Not that you haven't done wonderful things with the site. Because it looks fabulous. But you neither own the domains, the site, or the label. You are the most recently acquired "staff" member, and you need to cool your jets.

It is not your place to personally contact the talent's family members. It is not your place to be in constant contact with the management either.

You were given the specific responsibility of being the web designer. I bow to your professional experience with web sites; it's stuff I don't currently know how to do. (Did you notice the word currently?) Layout is all yours, baby, so be creative and yes, professional. And for God's sakes, realize your limitations. You are less than fluent in Spanish, so accept the help that's been graciously offered and post correct translations. The entire site is cheapened when the spanish readers can't decipher your postings. But the layout is the extent of your involvement. And if you pitch in here or there with a great idea, or if you're available to do some of the leg work, then it's all for the good of sharing the word and the music, it doesn't mean you've suddenly become RA's right hand man, and it doesn't mean you get to drop by to visit on weekends, or have His personal numbers.

The way you are going, don't be surprised if you receive a swift kick in the butt. Susie takes crap from noone, especially not whiney, snivelling, tattletales who see this as their chance for 15 minutes of fame.

Back off, bitch and don't bite the hand that feeds you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home