Nasty Little Thoughts

Friday, March 11, 2005

Single White Female

I never thought I'd be 36 and still single, but here I am. Since Prince Charming has been hopelessly delayed and/or eaten by a dragon, I've taken the bull by the horns and have been internet dating. I've not made the best choices in who to date, obviously, I am still single, but I have met a treasure trove of material for this blog.

After a dating hiatus of almost 2 years, courtesy of the Ex, I have put myself back on the dating scene. I currently have profiles with 3 separate dating/match making services, and I've read at least a hundred profiles, responding to some and not to others. Most of these services allow you to browse through all member profiles to choose who you'd like to meet. But one service gives you detailed tests and then introduces you to certain people. It's all scientific and it's supposed to increase your chances of success. After a question and answer period, you are allowed to email each other and actually converse. Sounds good, right?

But guys, generally if you're trawling the singles' sites, you need to be single. And I don't mean, not married. I mean not attached/committed to someone else.

I've gotten several requests to chat; I respond with the typical hi-my name is-it's nice to meet you-tell me more about yourself, and what do I get in return? Messages that say "I am pursuing another relationship." Excuse me? Even better, the guy who said, "I've been dating this woman and it's starting to get serious." One guys skipped the Q&A, asking me to jump into conversation. My first email was answered with "I've met a woman. Good luck in your search".

If you are dating some woman, what the hell are you doing trying to pick up new women on a dating site?? If you are in a relationship with someone, take down your profile and cancel your membership so you, a committed/attached/unavailable person, aren't matched with single people.

I've run into this so many times. When I met Willis, he told me he was divorced and we started seeing each other. I was at his house at 2 a.m. when he said, "My wife...."

"You mean your EX-wife," I pounced.

"No. My wife. We're not divorced."

Excuse me??!!

So, let me clarify things for you guys out there:

Single white female (that's me) in search of (not stopping til I find it) single/unattached/unmarried male (that could be you) who lives in Houston (it's a big city and I'm only willing to drive so far). Sense of humor a plus (cuz you most likely will be blogged), 5'6"-6"4" ( I like 'em taller than me), slightly heavy square body type (if you've seen any of my ex's you'll understand), preferrably with dark hair, eyes and a goatee. Nice hands and good hair get extra credit, as does possessing intelligence and the ability to participate in conversation. Respondants who can show proof of gainful employment will receive priority status.

If you are married, seeing someone, casually dating, have a fuck buddy, suspect you've met the love of your life, if you live in some other state or not in the greater Houston metropolitan area, if I can break you in half just looking at you, if your career ambition is to be supported by me, or to receive a lifetime achievement award for most jobs held by a single person, do NOT reply. Don't email me, don't IM me, don't request my phone number.

It's really just that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home