Nasty Little Thoughts

Friday, March 18, 2005

Be careful what you wish for

My matchmaking contact list was updated today. The service who once said I was "unmatchable" now sends me a dozen or so potential soulmates each week. This service is majorly overachieving because I was told upon signing up that the goal was 1 match per month.
So far I've gotten adventure freaks, nature lovers, avid hunters, nascar enthusiasts, and computer geeks. But today the matches went in an unexpected direction.

Who did I find myself introduced to today? The best-friend and former roommate of the Ex.

I had fantasized about unknowingly meeting and dating someone in the Ex's inner circle. An evil thought, perhaps. But totally vengeful in nature. I wanted to be in his face; I wanted him to be totally unable to avoid me.

Could I have just been handed my fantasy on a silver platter?

Let's just pretend for a minute that Match is taller than me and that I weigh 89 lbs. ( thanks to my fake boobs) and that I don't mind sharing my main squeeze with up to 7 other people at a time. (The things you can learn dating someone's best childhood friend and surrogate brother.) When would be the appropriate time to tell him, "Yeah, I fucked your best friend"? Should I comment on the changes he may have made to the house since I was last there? "Really, Match, I love the way you moved the couch." Or should I just act stupid and wait for our paths to cross with the Ex in a social capacity, sit back and enjoy the show?

It takes some twist of karma/kismet/fate (whichever you subscribe to) and a healthy dose of Murphy's Law to thrust me back onto the fringes of the Ex's social circle just when I was taking steps to leave the past behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home