Nasty Little Thoughts

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Big band grunge?

My mother and I were at Olive Garden last weekend. I was chatting away, totally ignoring the banal noise pollution that passes as music at OG, when Mom shushed me, "Listen!"

So I tuned in. It sounded like Frank Sinatra or Harry Connick, Jr. I was excited to realize it was actually in English since they'd been going through an Italian musical phase. And then I noticed something vaguely familiar.

Hello. (In a big band jazzy finger snapping way.....You know like Dean Martin.) Hello. Hello.

What the hell song is this? I asked myself. Running the standards through my head, trying to think of one that matched, to no avail.

Hello. (It just kept going) Hello.

OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING NIRVANA!!

Kurt Cobain was surely rolling in his grave cuz somebody done ripped off his song and Olive Gardenized it!

I looked and Mom and grinned, even the waitress laughed out loud when I said, "Hey, it's educational. You can understand the lyrics."

Properly enunciated, finger snapping, happy, jazzy Nirvana? What's wrong with this picture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home