Nasty Little Thoughts

Friday, August 21, 2009

An interesting observation and some updates

I've gotten in the habit of lunching with my sister at a local sushi place once a week. No, I don't eat sushi, but at lunchtime they have bento box specials which are cheap, yummy and most importantly NOT raw.

One of the items in the bento box is miso soup. I don't like miso, which is made from soy. And if a hot steaming bowl of soy broth isn't tempting enough for you, they add chunks of tofu. Blehk!

Have you ever stared into a bowl of miso soup and watched it swirl all on its own? If you look closely, and if you can look at some conveniently placed Japanese wall art, the miso settles into the design of the Japanese countryside. Snow covered mountains and everything. As with most things, I have a theory on this phenomenon.

Maybe, just maybe miso soup is primordial soup, the stuff from which all life began, and each miso induced landscape contains it's own civilization.
******************************************************************************

Okay, now down to business:

Metro is on marriage number two. His wife sings in a band and calls him their "manager, roadie and stylist". I kid you not.

The EX has moved to the NE side of town in a ridiculously large house and is still with PsychoBitch. He got a big time promotion/new job a while back, so now he's keeping up with the Joneses.

Willis and I see each other every few months or so. He's looking for a job again and having baby's momma issues.

Mad Hatter (aka Red Headed Stepchild of Fate) is back from his duties with the Airforce. He is married and though living in town, is sadly out of touch=-(

Mr. 1956 (shudder) managed to find me the very first day I signed up on twitter. Now that he's "following" me, I tend not to be a big "tweeter".
*********************************************************************************

During my prolonged absence from the blogosphere, I have had several personal losses. So I'm taking the time now to remember those friends and family that are no longer with us.

Mark T. Eppley--Thanks for all your mechanic expertise. I'll do anything I can for Junior.
Paul A. Gonzales--Hey, Big Poppa P! You still need to help me find the right someone.
Rischelle M. Martinez--Your suffering is over. No doubt you got your wings.
Delmer L. "Sonny" Tidwell--Hey, Dad. It's been nearly a year and I still can't do all the tricks with the Directv remote.

I love all of you and you are all missed terribly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home